See the back views and a size comparison with a soda can of each of the cow hides (from left to right):
Hereford, Speckled, Solid Black, White, Holstein and Brindle
Please note that this current website does not have a shopping cart. To buy our Cow Skins online, please go to our e-commerce website at NaturalExotics.ca.
We scour the world for the best quality cow hides available. Our hides have been tumbled between two to four days to ensure that they are soft and supple. The skins have been chrome-tanned, and they come in various natural colors. All of the cow hides are approximately 1/8" (3 mm) thick.
||24-29 sq. ft. (~5.5' long by 4' wide)
||See gallery items on NaturalExotics.ca
||30-39 sq.ft. (~6' long by 5' wide)
||40-49 sq. ft. (~7' long by 6' wide)
||50+ sq. ft. (~7.25' long by 6.5' wide or more)
||Cow Skin:Assorted Sizes:Gallery
||Please see individual skins for size
Genus and species: Bos taurus. Ranch.
Cows are not endangered and are not subject to CITES controls. The hides are a by-product of the food industry. The cows are not killed just for their hides.
There are no export controls for this item.
Product of Columbia
Cow Hide - Colors and Styles
The natural cow skins come in a variety of colors and styles:
- • Brindle (light to dark brown)
- • Hereford (reddish brown and white)
- • Holstein(white with large black or brown spots)
- • Exotic or Tri-Color (unusual and unique coloring, often multiple shades of one color or a brindle that is broken up by white space or speckles)
- • Salt & Pepper (white with black or brown speckles)
- • Speckled (white with small black or brown speckles)
- • Solid or Mostly Solid colors (e.g. black, brown, gray, or rarely white)
Care Instructions for Your Cow Hide
To remove any dirt, brush along the nap (in the direction of the hair, not backwards) using a bristle comb or horse brush. To clean spills or extra dirty areas, use a very small amount of shampoo on a damp sponge. Sponge along the nap repeatedly. Rinse the sponge to remove the shampoo and dirt and repeat until the hide is cleaned. Dry using a towel running along the nap.
Cow Hide Cushions